Why Is The Blog Here? Forum Information.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Is The Blog Here? Forum Information.

Post by Admin - Leslie on Fri May 30, 2014 5:47 am

Why?

After much consideration I have decided to use the forums to house the Blog as well. This will keep all of the information in one central location. Since the forums hold all of the information regarding survival, preparedness, and homesteading, driving people to another site simply does not make sense to me. Also I have perused my share of blog sites and information is easily lost, not to mention there are just more tools for you to respond to posts with; inserting videos and images in a post response are powerful tools. I want you to have the most flexibility as possible when responding and sharing information.

The blog will be organized in monthly threads and at the end of the month a directory of that month's content will be posted. This should make content easy to find if you don't want to use the search function. As Always feel free to leave your input, you are the reason G2G exists. Your feedback is valued and appreciated.

Forum Information

Most forums run on a Bulletin Board Code system. BBCode, Bulletin Board Code, or BBC, is a lightweight markup language used to format posts in many message boards. The available tags are usually indicated by square brackets ([ ]) surrounding a keyword, and they are parsed by the message board system before being translated into a markup language that web browsers understand—usually HTML or XHTML. But don't let that scare you off! Even if you don't want to know about all that mumbo jumbo, you can still use the full features offered here. When you reply to a post you will see a graphic toolbar at the top:

Simply highlight the text you want you want to apply that function to then click the function button; bold, underline, text color, it's that easy! To insert videos or images, just copy the URL of the video or image you want to use, come back to the forums and click the video or image button (You can hover over the toolbar images to see what they are) insert the URL, click "insert" and BOOM! You've added it to your post!

You can also keep your external links very tidy so they will not distract from your post. Just copy the URL you want to insert, comeback to the forums and highlight the text you want that link to be, click link button and insert the URL, it's that easy. Want your link to stand out? Just highlight the same word again and click the text color box, choose the text color and your linked text will now appear in that color. You can bold it, underline it, and italicize it the same way.

If you want more information on BBCode SimpleMachines has a handy function chart with result links. (Yes, that was a link  Wink )

I know some folks aren't fond of forums, for that reason I did make it so you don't have to sign up to view them, but to post you will have to sign up. I had to do this to keep spam down. As it is I've already had to boot & ban some spammers. Membership is of course free. If you have any questions at all please feel free to respond and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

"No, we can't be 100% certain there will be an economic collapse, our government will go rogue, or, the zombies will come. I can promise you there will be natural disasters in the future, that is why you need to Prep. If the other things happen, you're still covered." - Leslie G2G
Admin - Leslie
Admin

http://g2gprep.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top